The Padbury Pumas Basketball Club, or as we are more commonly known, the Pumas, is a member of the Wanneroo Basketball Association.
Our club includes mixed girls and boys teams for under 8’s and separate girls and boys team for under 10’s to under 18’s. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where all junior players can play, develop and enjoy their basketball. With the assistance of good coaches and strong parent participation, some of whom also make up the dedicated committee group, we are able to provide a great environment for developing junior basketball at all levels of experience.
Club Statistics – Summer 2020/21
- 319 Players (236 boys, 83 girls)
- 40 Teams (30 boys, 10 girls)
When do we play?
The Junior Domestic season runs all year round and is split into Spring/Summer and Winter seasons.
- The Spring/Summer season commences in October and runs through until April the following year, with breaks over the school holidays.
- The Winter season generally starts the first week of term two (April / May) and goes through until Mid-September.
Commencing 30 April 2021, the U18 boys A & B division games will be played on a Monday night at HBF Arena. All other games are played on either on a Friday night, generally for the older age groups, or on a Saturday, for all other age groups. Games are currently played at HBF Arena in Joondalup, Craigie Leisure Centre and Kingsway Stadium.
Where do we train?
- Wanneroo Recreation Centre – 275 Scenic Drive, Wanneroo
- Heathridge Leisure Centre – 16 Sail Terrace, Heathridge
- Duncraig Leisure Centre – 40 Warwick Road, Duncraig